Saturday, March 1, 2008

hooray for family

We had such a fun time with my parents when they were here. Granted, some things didn't go exactly as planned--such as an ice storm on the night of our planned dance workshop, and John being sick in bed for most of their visit, but overall we had fun. The kids got lots of time with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Brian. I think they read "A Fish Out of Water" about 3 times each day. I feel bad that we didn't really do anything exciting, but it was so cold and wintry and nasty outside! And I felt bad abandoning John at home alone with a fever. Hopefully no one else got sick. So far so good here, though Em's starting to get yet another cold.


Anyway, here's a couple pics from their visit.


Reading with Grandpa--yep, it's the fish book.

Grandma getting some cuddle time with Calvin. He didn't mind too much either.

Grandma putting Kimmie to bed for a nap. :)

Reading with Grandma--the fish book again!

Brian and Calvin playing with the toys. Not sure who was more fascinated with some of them. :)

So there you go. We loved having them here, and I was very sad putting the house back to normal after they left. I am ready to move back West. We just need a job...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Should that one picture read "Kimmie putting Grandma to bed?" :)

Kristen said...

Yeah, exactly! Bri and I were laughing about how it was just like that Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.

Lydia said...

It's so nice to spend time with your family, just hanging out at home. I'll bet they all had a great time! :)