Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hooray for Kimmie!!!

Kimmie went potty today! Both kinds! Can you hear the shouts of joy all the way from Kentucky?! And John is officially in charge of potty-training from now on. I can't get Kimmie to go for anything, but John got her to do both. I knew she could do it, she just is stubborn and won't do it for me. I'm still not exactly sure why. John just knows how to motivate her, I guess. Maybe she will be willing to do it now, knowing that she can. I hope so! What a relief, I was afraid she be in diapers til next Christmas!
On other fronts, Emily is finally feeling better from having hand-foot-and-mouth disease again! And I am recommitted to getting her to stop sucking her thumb!! Aaaugh! It has been so frustrating and I am sure I have shot myself in the foot several times with the whole process.
John is looking for jobs full time now, which is good and nerve-wracking at the same time. A couple leads, nothing for sure yet. But we'll be moving back west sometime soon!
I sang a duet in church on Sunday, it was really fun. I am getting a little better each time at not getting so nervous! On Easter Sunday the ward choir is singing a few numbers, and I get to sing the high part on one. Whoever thought, even a year ago, that I could hit a high B flat! Not me. All growing up I thought I was an alto.
Anyway, here's a video (for Ayden and Claire especially) of Kimmie playing with Calvin. Also a picture of Kimmie out in the rain with her "cinde-weh-wa" (somehow we've mixed that up with "umbrella", not sure why) and one of Calvin "folding" the laundry. Gotta love these kids.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew you could! The Bb, I mean.

Lydia said...

Yay, potty progress is always so gratifying! :o) Happy to hear you'll be moving out west soon!

Laura said...

Is it possible for your kids to be cuter? I submit that it is NOT.