... But not necessarily good news in our case right now. I'd much rather have lots of news to share... like that we have a job, and a home and a place where we are supposed to be right now. No such luck. Things are pretty much the same as ever, which is why I haven't posted much at all. So, what do I say? I have been thinking about things a lot, and trying to evaluate myself (when I'm not avoiding life altogether by burying myself in a book) and figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be doing right now. Mostly I'm coming up empty. Well, not really empty but with a lot of things that I don't like realizing about myself. Like having a lot of pride and a lot less trust in the Lord than I should. I keep asking myself if we are just supposed to be waiting and trusting right now while nothing is happening, or if we are missing something that we should be doing. And I'm not sure that I have an answer. I am reminding myself a lot that we are very blessed to have a place to stay, beds to sleep in, food to eat, and money in our bank account... especially since we've been out of work for 5 months. I am trying to be grateful, but the fact remains that I am lonely, lost, and confused. I wish I had a home again.
As I am reading about kids going back to school I am grateful that Emily still has another year! She is ready for school, but I am not. And since we don't know where to live right now, it's a good thing she has a late bday. I guess I should enjoy my last year of not having to do back-to-school preparations!
Calvin turns one at the end of the month. I can't believe it. He is growing up way way way too fast. He's adorable though. I'll post pictures as soon as i figure out how to get them on this computer without saving them onto this computer... since it's running out of disk space. I'm working on it.
7 comments:
Kristen, I'm sending you vibes of love and support. I still pray for you every day, and I just wish I could be there for you instead of here for you. But I am, here for you, that is! And I am also looking forward to one more year before Caleb starts school. I don't even want to think about it...
Kristen I feel for you right now, believe it or not I am going through alot of that myself right now. The feeling of being totally unsettled and not sure where you belong in life right now. You are such a sweet person and I pray everything will turn out for you guys. I don't know if you remember that time you were visiting teaching me and your lesson meant a whole lot to me at the time and still does I think about it often. I know everything will be okay and you are being guided. Sorry so long, but I feel like I can relate right now so much.
life is so hard to figure out some times. We've all been there and will probably be there again. I too am sending you vibes of love and support!
I am feeling for you Kristen. Scott and I are praying for you.
Hang in there. The Lord has never let you down and he won't now. It just needs to be his timeing. You are numbered among some of the few most humble, sincere and good people that I know. I too Keep you in my prayers and know it will be ok. We miss you in KY.
I also feel you, girl. These be tough times. I wonder what to do with my life, too... I'll have to talk to you soon about a lovely blessing Jason gave me. In the meantime, come to Utah!!!
WE love you guys so much and will keep you in our prayers and put your name in the temple. I know exactly how frusterating it can be to feel like you don't have any control and you're just stuck. "Why?" seems to be the question that repeats over and over with each challenge and as time keeps passing. Somehow things will work out. You are such a wonderful person and I know you're doing all the right things... Perhaps that's what makes it so difficult at times. We just want to know what to change so we can move on. It wears on you when you can't think of anything (realistic) that you can do except wait it out. Heavenly Father knows you, just as he knows me. We will make it through our challenges-- and although I doubt myself for it at times, we will be better people for it. Just keep counting those wonderful blessings in your family and hang in there. I love you!
Post a Comment