
Here's the crew partaking of the goodies. Matt was here too, but he was in the other room on the phone when I decided to get out the camera. Sorry Matt! And all bets are off at the dinner table (well, ours, anyway): you leave ice cream unattended long enough and it will disappear one way or the other! Thanks guys for coming up, it was really fun.

Kimmie and Calvin both thought the cake was pretty darn good. Funny how not hungry they are during dinner. Then you pull out the cake and all of the sudden those kids are starved!

And here's a series of photo of piggybacks. I came in the room and Calvin was giving Kimmie a piggyback around the room, trying his hardest to actually move with her on top of him (which is actually not as hard as it seems since he weighs nearly the same as she does, notwithstanding the six inches she has on him!). So I pulled out the camera and they all showed their amazing piggybacking skills.
In other news, the girls started swim lessons today and were very excited. And of course I forgot the camera. Emily was so excited she could hardly stay still in the water, it was so funny to watch. Kimmie was not at all sure of things and had to be convinced to do everything, though she did it eventually. She can be such a daredevil if she's sure of herself, but if not, it's really hard to get her to try. She zips around better than Em on a bike, but in the swimming pool she's pretty timid. Calvin was dying to get in the water with them but sadly, not allowed. I'm going to have to find someone to watch him during their lessons or find something really creative to do or he's going to go crazy by the end of the week. I'll take him to the open swim session on Friday though, and hopefully that will make it up to him. Anyway, I'll remember the camera tomorrow!




4 comments:
Happy Birthday Kristen!!!
Love all the cute pictures. Calvin is getting so big!
Happy Belated Birthday!!! It's great to have family around for these special occasions. Your little Calvin isn't so little. He's adorable.
Happy Birthday I think you look gorgeous in those pictures, your hair has gotten so long, I like it!!
I remember John trying to figure out how to order you flowers online for your birthday the summer you were dating and he was in Colorado with you in Washington. I thought "Wow! This boy must be whooped because he never does anything for anyone's birthday." Maybe that's because I'm just his sister. =o) Glad you had fun celebrating! The kids are growing so much! I need to come out to visit before they start leaving for college.
Post a Comment