Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Furniture and dresses

So I bought us some bedroom furniture. Like a matching set. Whoa. It was a dramatic purchase and John wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea but he's come around and likes it almost as much as I love it. :) I think it's great. We haven't exactly worked out the layout in the room but it's beautiful and I love my room!


Here's pictures of my window decorating since I got requests from family. First the outside view, then the inside. With the flash you don't really get the effect of the light shining through from behind when it's dark outside, but take my word for it--it's pretty cool. If I do say so myself...


So I hardly ever buy the girls new frilly matching dresses, more because of my hatred of shopping and my really expensive taste that gets me in trouble than anything, so when I found two matching dresses at a kids second-hand clothes shop I was ecstatic because they were cheap and adorable. Here they are:
Pardon the rather enthusiastic expressions, I was telling them to say things like "french fries" and "milkshake" instead of "cheese", and they got a little excited. On Saturday we took the kids to Red Robin because Emily won a free milkshake there from school, and since the last time we've been out to eat as a family (except for special occasions when extended family was in town) was about three years ago, they were pretty stoked. French fries and milkshakes are pretty exciting things currently.

So there you are. There's our life in a nutshell. As far as John and I go, John has just gotten a lot more responsibility at work, so he is going to be busy, but it is a good thing and he's excited to learn some new things. I have been busy avoiding house projects and have been singing a lot in church with choir and stuff. It's been a lot of fun, it's just a little weird to have people identify me as a singer since that's been fairly new for me. I like it though. Happy Halloween to all this week! May you have fun and not get too sick on the candy you snitch from your kids' bowls! That is, if you are anything like me...

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

congrats on the bedroom set. Isn't the master bedroom always the last place that get's decorated? My goal is to have a matching set by 2012:)

Eric and Jenny said...

Love the bedroom set, a matching one at that, oh if only I was to dream of such a thing....

Cute dresses on your girls, they are getting so big!

ang said...

Yea! The bedroom set is gorgeous! So fun! Did calvin get a hair cut? Such a doll. And those girls are just so darling. Good job on the dress hunt. Amazing the bargains that are out there. And your window paintings! Wow! They look great! So when I come for Christmas does that mean you will have holly and elves in the window???

Lindsay said...

I love the door decorations. What a good idea! The girls look adorable in their dresses. (Calvin looks adorable too.)