I love how bashful Kimmie looks in this picture.
She really does secretly love the attention, even if she hides from it.

Fancy Nancies!! They had fun with nail polish, eye shadow, and dressing up,
and then a dance party!
Making Kimmie's cake later that day. Remember what I said in a previous post about Kimmie being a messy eater? Yeah.
Kimmie's butterfly cake! This one came together a lot more neatly than Emily's did, thank goodness. However, a tip for the future: don't use Pillsbury cream cheese frosting--it's disgusting. Good thing we had homemade chocolate frosting to make up for it.

The party attendees. Thanks for coming up, Mom and Gary!!

The party attendees. Thanks for coming up, Mom and Gary!!
Kimmie is such a great kid. She slays everyone with her gorgeous blue eyes and long lashes and dimples. She plays so well with both Emily and Calvin, depending on whose around. I think she enjoys being the boss when Emily is at school, but she also still plays well with Em and lets her dictate a lot of their play. She is super smart and loves to write words and letters. Preschool is great fun, she's getting more social, but I think she and I both wish the girls were more her age. Oh well. It's been good for her. She is very excited about kindergarten next year, especially after getting to go see Emily's class and what they get to do there. She loves princesses, Fancy Nancy, anything glittery, red, purple, or pink, or blue... She loves to dance, loves skirts, and loves chocolate. Is she a girl or what? She got an Ariel bath toy from Mom and Dad fixed her bike, and she was pretty happy with both of those. She's not exactly predictable, because while she loves girly things, she's not afraid to pick up worms and millipedes and ants, she plays in the dirt, and loves riding her bike. Which is why I took her to the store to pick out her birthday present. Not entirely the safest thing to do, and it felt like a cop-out, but I really had no idea what to get her. Fortunately she loved the Ariel bath doll the best, and not the $50 horses or dollhouses. Phew! So we avoided any drama, except for Calvin insisting it was his birthday and wanting to take home the Lightning McQueen racecar... but at least we know what to get him when his birthday comes. :)
Happy birthday Kimmie, we love you so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment