Monday, January 30, 2012

2011 Series of Posts... let me sum up... First: Butler family reunion

So I have lots of things to post, but since I am a stickler for order (note I said order, not organization, I'll not be accused of false pretenses) I need to start where I left off and go from there.
A few pics from the Butler Reunion at Steamboat Springs in July 2011. It was gorgeous up there because of the tons of snow from the winter before. There was still snow up in the pass as we drove through the mountains, which John took advantage of by gleefully throwing snowballs at me. We had lots of fun with John's family. I commemorated the event by getting a royal sunburn and a case of sunstroke/heatstroke/whatever, which on top of early pregnancy symptoms was not the brightest idea ever. The kids had a great time in the pool and playing with/torturing uncles. We also hiked to Fish Creek Falls, which was gorgeous... aside from the scare about the bear that Tom (Angela's fiance at the time--now husband) saw at the beginning. We never saw it though.

The kids had a great time throwing rocks into the river below the falls. I had to restrain myself from hyperventilating anytime one of them got too close to the water.. it was moving fast!!

Lots of games were played. I walked in on this one and burst out laughing. No, it's not strip poker or anything... just all the guys in their swimming gear. I'm not even sure what game they were playing, they had to guess who/what was on the card they were wearing on their heads by asking yes/no questions. It was fun to watch.
John and the kids were thrilled to be able to see a hot-air balloon up close when it landed in the parking lot just below our condo! Pretty exciting stuff.

No comments: