Lucy Grace was blessed on March 25th, and we were so blessed to have both sets of grandparents there! It was great! John did a great job.

We did take more pictures, but with my mom's camera since mine is a 10 year old dinosaur and the batteries keep dying. Blargh!! So I still have to get those from my mom...
In other news, we went to the Denver Zoo for the first time, and there was lots to see. Too much, if you ask Calvin, but he was starting to get sick and wasn't feeling very adventurous on this day..
The night before, we had asked the kids what animal they were most excited to see, and Kimmie said the zebra:

Emily said she was excited to see the toucans, but they didn't have any. What kind of a zoo doesn't have toucans?!? She liked the lorakeets and pink tropical birds, but we didn't get any pictures of them.. Emily also recognized the Mongolian wild horses before we knew what they were, and told us they were the ancestors of today's horses.. Sure enough, she was right!!
Calvin said that he wanted to see the "Koffees" and I had no idea what he was talking about. He said he learned about them on a computer came, and that they had striped back legs and were kind of big. I chalked it up to a wild imagination... Yet sure enough, one of the exhibits was the Okapis, a kind of African deer with striped back legs!! My kids are smarter than me! It happened sooner than I was expecting...

For spring break, we went to visit my parents' new house in Utah. We had a lot of fun, and for a couple weeks afterwards Calvin kept asking to go back.. All that love and attention from grandparents, and he especially loved Grandma and Grandpa's trampoline and the "slidey room." I was worried about leaving, because I knew they would be so bored when we went back home! I think I have more pictures on my phone, I blame the ancient camera again for only having pictures of our hike..

Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun stay with you, and thanks to siblings and cousins and grandparents for making time to see us while we were there! Love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment